In a previous incarnation, Moonletters had a volunteer staff that wrote weekly columns. We are considering the possibility of bringing back writers, just like the old days of Moonletters. If you’re interested in writing about Second Life, here are some examples of the articles we might publish:
- Tips and tricks. e.g. How to Find Interesting Places
- A useful item, free or cheap. e.g. How to Upgrade Your Avatar To Mesh But Stay Yourself
- Opinion. e.g. Why I Prefer to Shop Inworld
- Humor. e.g. Man vs Second Life
- Fiction or Poetry (not often). e.g. Real SL Situations: The Story of Wayne
- Amusing Events. e.g. Second Life | Premier Wrestling
- Interesting Places to Visit e.g. A Wonderful Sim to Explore
- News about Linden Lab
- Fashion writer. Note: This is not a fashion blog, but I might consider articles about the subject. It would have to be special and feel right for me to consider it though.
- Videos about Second Life. Example: Comics Made in Second Life
Articles should be between 300 and 1200 words and include just ONE photo. We will consider both freelance contributors and weekly staff writers. Although writing for us is voluntary, writers will receive a byline, a link on the Peers page, and, in the future, a place on the Staff page if they become regular contributors.
If you are interested, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell me about yourself and why you would like to write for Moonletters. If possible, include a link to something you’ve written or provide a short sample.